History of 5eleven

5eleven is a historic building located in the heart of Downtown Pensacola. The original building was built in 1896 and rented to numerous businesses until the 1950s. One of the most significant tenants in the early 1900s was Samuel Charles, one of Pensacola's most prominent black businessmen, whose shoe repair shop became Pensacola's largest shoe repair and sales store at that time. In the 1920s the building was occupied by Birgar Testman's ship chandlery. Since the early 1950s the building was owned by Trader Jon's, a favorite haunt of U.S. Navy and other military personnel. The tavern has gained international acclaim for its unusual and extensive display of military memorabilia which surrounds the clientele. 

Justine & Wayne Photography

Kista Haas

Venue Features

  • Indoor/outdoor capacity of up to 200 guests.

  • Historic charm, exposed brick walls.

  • Large windows provide gorgeous natural light and views of downtown.

  • Built-in bar with adjacent on-site kitchen.

  • Four well-equipped beautifully decorated restrooms.

  • AV and wireless capabilities.

  • Brick courtyard with large shade tree, benches and lush greenery.

  • Generous side lawn for luxury tented events.

  • Private parking lot and driveway.

  • Exclusive roster of fine caterers.

  • Convenient all-inclusive pricing.

511 South Palafox

Pensacola FL, 32502

Tel: 850-637-1044

Email: events@5elevenpalafox.com